7.10.2005

Project Calender

This itinerary has been in a constant state of flux since I began imagining this project. All sites and countries listed are tentative. For all locations, contacts and arrangements have been made which are followed up on, expanded, changed and dropped as the project has dictated. I have arrived in communities planning on stayingthree days and stayed three weeks, I have droped other locations all together. I will try to continue updating this calender accordingly...


RUSSIA (August) Arrive in Moscow and travel to Mongolia via Trans-Mongolian Railroad

MONGOLIA (Aug - Nov) Ulaan Bataar, then out west to Bayan Olgii. Final month hitch hiking and biking through the northern and central aimags (from Khovsgol Nuur to The Great White Lake).

CHINA (Nov) Continue Trans-Mongolian journey to Beijing. Explore building sites, housing developments, historical arhitecture and art scene in Beijing. Visit friends in Shanghai and enjoy an introduction to this booming metropolis.

INDIA (Nov - March) My first two months will be spent in Varanassi, continuing my Hindi study before moving west into Rajasthan. For the rest of my time in India, I plan to be based in Jaisalmer while making shorter trips throughout the Bikaneer, Jaisalmer, Naguar and Pali districts of western Rajasthan visiting migratory and nomadic communities.

MOROCCO (April) I will spend my first month in Africa in the Sahara. I was then planning on heading south to Mali, though it appears plans have changed!

MALI or ETHIOPIA (April - July) exact locations to be determined based on community contacts... a grand change of plans is in the works...

IRELAND (tentative... late July and August) Will be based in Dublin and moving to points north working with traveller communities through contact with two grassroots NGOs.


I return to the US in August 2006.

1 Comments:

Blogger sylviawander said...

Steph,
Are you an Anthropology major?
What is your reason for exploring nomadic architecture?

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home